Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Miles away, or right besides you.


In class we had a lesson on tensegrity. experimenting with far mid and near space. To really be present and put the two of these ideas together was not only educational but gave me a better understanding of my own body and the way I move within it. 
tensegrity really helped me with my overall balance and technique. after learning about it I apply it constantly and am always aware of opposition, being grounded but also pulling up. I also for the first time "found" my parallel. This was also a great experience considering iv been dancing for 18 years and have worked with my wrong parallel. When finding my right parallel I was able to immediately rise and be stable with no wobbling. 
By way of far, mid and near space, it taught me that I can dance in other ways then I already do. Iv learned this semester I dance underneath myself. Which is something iv been really working on, along with my weight shifts. being present and focusing on the lesson I was able to think outside my box and really move and shift when it came to far space. Or just be still and small during near space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment