Tuesday, November 30, 2010

in this moment, im alive

Improve is by far my favorite thing to do. We took a class trip to a nearby park, chose a spot and went at it. Improve let me know im alive and feeling. Something about being outside in the fresh air is even more inspirational. I choose a spot near the memorial, I liked the dynamics of the area. I was able to be on the ground when I wanted but I could also climb if I felt so.

We broke into groups and watched each other dance. For some reason this is the only time I dont get nervous when I dance. Its when I really feel comfortable in my own body. My group chose a spot in the shade. There were a number of columns separating us but I think thats what really made the dynamics. I focused on a column as I danced around it, but closely. For some reason I had an connection with this area and it was almost intimate (I know that sounds funny). But i was really able to close my eyes and let go, just feeling its cold brick stand still as I swayed and leaned against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment