Wednesday, March 9, 2011

HOW DO YOU LEARN?

I have to admit, I am a 5.6.7.8. kinda dancer. Its not always a bad thing, but sometimes not a good thing. Its just the way I grew up dancing and how I learned. When im in a challenging mood I sit down and listen to a song that im not fimiliar with its musicality and improv. I feel this has helped me with "letting go" of the 5.6.7.8 at times.

I stand in the front of  the room almost all the time (unless im having a bad day), I like the mirror, again can be a bad habbit.

Sometimes when learning from a new teacher I sometimes leave class frusterated and uninspired, it takes a while for me to get use to a certain technique or way someone teaches, maybe because I had the same dance teachers my whole life, but HCC has allowed me to get over this and learn different techniques and styles and let myself adapt rather then to get frusterated.

I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME REVERSE COMBINATIONS. me myself could not sit there and do it. I have to watch someone do it so I can put it together.

Im big on emotions, if theres a certain emotion attached to the movement I seem to understand it more, or maybe can just "let it flow" better then "placing" the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment