Wednesday, March 9, 2011

ALIGNMENT

As im reading this article I visualise myself applying these "tips" and doing as I read. I like how its quoted "alignment to a dancer what grammer is to a writer". This is very true can you see yourself paying $100 to watch a dancer with a crooked spine a popped out hip and a neck that sticks out like a goose? I didnt think so.... As a young child I feel I was not taught the right alingment if any alignment at all, I was never enforced to sit up straight either, hunched over to this day is still my most comfortable position. This has been a fight for me in class to constantly have to align myself. As I read it is quoted that a teacher works with her little ones for years on alignment, this is somthing I am going to remmeber forever being I want to teach little kids. I remember being in a master class once working on therabands, for what I believe was my first time in life, I was sitting on my tailbone and felt my whole spine fall into place, I could have fallen asleep the feeling was so amazing. Everyday I work for that feeling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment